I write to appreciate your contributions in the just concluded Webinar on the theme: Political Transformation: Pathways to Reducing Conflicts and Poverty. We have reached a critical point in history and to thrive we must equip and incline everyone to act for personal wellbeing, societal wellbeing and planetary wellbeing. This is living for holistic wellbeing. Living for holistic wellbeing means developing the whole person for the whole world. It involves developing a wide range of knowledge, skills and ways of being.
Our general problem is lack of engagement, lack of a sense of possibility, lack of a sense of connectedness at all levels. The Webinar Political Transformation: Pathways to Reducing conflicts and Poverty – was so inspiring and engaging to participant. Together we are looking forward to:
1. Attitudinal shift toward creativity, innovation and purposeful living.
2. Understanding the principles and institutions which govern a state or nation.
3. Learning to exercise one’s judgment and critical faculty, and
4. Acquiring a sense of individual and community responsibilities.
5. Empowering young people to participate in governance and democratic processes.
6. You can listen to the audio recordings (Link)
1. Lois Auta: Lois is a human rights advocate with over 10 years’ experience in disability rights advocacy in at National, Pan-African and Global level. She is the first woman with Disability from Africa to be named a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum. She is also the Chair of Network of Disabled Women in Nigeria. (https://hopebuildersconsult.org/lois-auta/)
2. Ahmed Buhari: is an African Union Ambassador and African Union 2063 Youth Envoy. Ahmed is committed to ensure Nigerians embrace themselves regardless of all those things that divide us. He is also committed to educating youths to be politically conscious and to participate in governance and democratic processes (https://hopebuildersconsult.org/ahmed-buhari/)
Achieving collaborative value and collective impact is possible only when we agree.
Let’s do it together again and again.
MATHIAS B. YASHIM CMC, FIMC, FCASSON, Ashoka Fellow,
Executive Director: Hope Builders International Consult